10.03.2010

So Far

When speaking to Winbo about the concept of his collection outside of class, I was shocked at the difficulty of his theme, responding with an "OH MY GOD!" to which he, in a very heavy accent, replied, "OH MAH GODS, TOO!"

During lunch, I asked Earnest about his life in Taiwan.  I wanted to know the specifics: I asked him if he liked Tattoo's and what his mother thought of them. I could tell my question saddened him. Although his face did change in the smallest of form, but I believe that sadness is a hard mask to wear, and so, easily detectable, "...My mother gave me Poker face and said, 'Earnest, you can have tattoo. But you cannot have earring. earring are for girls." He has the most gentle approach. I forgot how I comforted him, but I recall an urgency inside to really wrap my arm around his shoulder right then.

Listening to Jaime last night, hearing her sing along to Calexico with such great enthusiasm made me appreciate everything there is to meet about people who are yet strangers. She has such eloquence in her that I quite possibly glow with nourishment after hearing her speak. I began to detect the meaning in "woman" and it is striking.

Arcade Fire was a childlike act, in shiny dresses or tights pants and visual poetry, marching around stage as if it were rather a fort; I think we beat our thighs numb with our palms to the energy. And then I noticed the pleasure in "girl" and found it universal.